Clean Wisconsin, the state’s largest environmental advocacy organization, is seeking a Communications & PR Intern.
As a member of the organization’s stellar Communications team, you’ll be charged with assisting the Communications Director in promoting the organization, its work and its events both in traditional media and on social media. Duties include:
- Writing and editing communications and development materials
- Updating and maintaining the organization’s multiple social media channels
- Developing communications & PR plans for various campaigns
- Crafting personal professional development projects that further the organization’s program work while allowing the intern to gain the skills they’re seeking for their future career
- Updating Clean Wisconsin’s media contact lists
- Tracking and maintaining the organization’s media hits and social media stats
- Other duties as assigned
- Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) proficiency
- A passion for the environment and PR
- Motivated and detail-oriented
- 8-10 free hours a week. In our office on W. Main Street, just 2 blocks east of the Kohl Center.
- Individuals interested in this internship position should send a resume, brief cover letter and 2-3 writing samples to Amanda Wegner. Please be sure to include “COMMUNICATIONS & PR INTERN” in the subject line.