Now accepting applications for Summer 2019.
Clean Wisconsin, the state’s largest environmental advocacy organization, is seeking Communications Interns to assist the Communications Department in writing, content creation, and digital marketing.
Duties may include writing for print, email, social media, and our advocacy tool; implementing social media and email campaigns; assisting with managing Clean Wisconsin’s social media accounts; and assisting in managing Clean Wisconsin’s website.
Exact duties will be determined based on the applicant’s skills, interests, and the needs of the organization.
Applications will be considered for candidates with one more of the following criteria:
- Strong writing skills and experience in writing for different audiences
- Knowledge or experience in strategic communications
- Knowledge or experience in email and/or digital marketing
- Experience and skill in WordPress and/or web development
- Strong graphic design skills (experience with Adobe Creative Cloud suite a plus)
- Sophomore standing and above preferred, including graduate students
- Interest in nonprofit sector
- Interest in strategic communications and/or marketing
- A strong passion for protecting the environment
- Motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Internship Timeline: 14 weeks between May and August.
Hours and location: Full time (36 hours per week) at our offices on W. Main Street in Madison, just two blocks east of the Kohl Center.
Salary: $4,000 stipend
To apply: Please send a brief cover letter, resume, and links to work samples to Jon Drewsen by April 30. Please be sure to include “COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP” in the subject line.