Clean Wisconsin, the state’s largest environmental advocacy organization, is seeking a passionate, creative, and driven individual to assist the Communications Department in managing and creating quality content for our social media audiences as a Social Media Intern.
A strong candidate has experience in social media management for an organization or is studying digital marketing, has strong skills in writing, and is passionate about protecting the environment.
- Managing Clean Wisconsin social media accounts
- Writing and editing content for social media
- Tracking and analyzing social media metrics to optimize outreach
- Assisting the Communications Department in other needs as they arise
- Sophomore standing and above preferred, including graduate students
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) management experience
- Strong writing skills
- Educational background in digital media, marketing, or related field
- Graphic design and/or video editing experience a plus
- WordPress experience a plus
- Interest in digital marketing and/or social media management
- A strong passion for protecting the environment
- Motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Internship Timeline: Summer, between mid-May and August, with the possibility to extend internship through fall 2021 semester.
Hours and location: 30 to 40 hours/week. Remote.
To apply: Please submit a brief cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to Molly Dove at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30. If you do not have samples, please use content from our website (www.cleanwisconsin.org) to create mock social media posts and submit with your application materials. Please be sure to include “SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP” in the subject line.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we plan to hold interviews via video conference. We will do all we can to accommodate technology needs. Thank you for your flexibility.
Clean Wisconsin is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our work and in our hiring practices. We value a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Please also see our statement on diversity, equity and inclusion at: https://www.cleanwisconsin.org/about-us/diversity/