Join a team of passionate advocates and experts who are committed to protecting Wisconsin’s vital natural resources and building a clean, sustainable, and equitable future for everyone in our state. Clean Wisconsin is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit seeking a Digital & Social Media Content Specialist will help amplify Clean Wisconsin’s work on key environmental issues.
As Clean Wisconsin’s Digital & Social Media Content Specialist, you will report to our Communications Director and work closely with our Communications Team to ensure timely, clear and consistent messaging reaches a variety of diverse, statewide audiences. You will create and update our social media calendar, implement social media campaigns, and measure the success of our communications by tracking website and social media analytics. You will also help update our extensive website, ensuring accurate, relevant information is always front and center.
Clean Wisconsin leverages a range of communications platforms and tools to meet people where they are, putting our key messages and initiatives in front of hundreds of thousands of Wisconsinites. Our earned media, op-eds, social media, videos, podcast and newsletters all play important roles in our overall communications strategy. You will play a key role in ensuring all of these platforms work together to tell the story of Clean Wisconsin and the environmental issues impacting communities across our state.
This position requires an exceptionally organized, creative, clear communicator who can help move our campaigns forward within a fast-paced communications environment. This full-time position will be based in our Madison, Wisconsin office.
Clean Wisconsin is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our work and in our hiring practices. We value a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. If you have any doubt about whether you might be qualified for this position and you think you have something special to contribute, we encourage you to apply. Please also see our statement on diversity, equity and inclusion at: https://www.cleanwisconsin.org/about-us/diversity/
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to email@example.com by October 6, 2023. Be sure to include “Digital & Social Media Content Specialist” as the subject line of your email.
- Day-to-day management of Clean Wisconsin’s social media platforms, which currently include Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter (X).
- Create and manage a social media calendar that is tightly aligned with our strategic content and event calendar.
- Collaborate with our Communications Team to develop compelling posts that drive engagement, grow our audience, and uplift the work of Clean Wisconsin and our partners.
- Maintain consistent branding and voice across all platforms.
- Assist with paid digital advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate with our legal, science and program departments to ensure web pages are continually updated with timely, relevant information.
- Write content for web pages, social media, email and print newsletters, and marketing materials.
- Build positive relationships with Clean Wisconsin staff and partner organizations
- Maintain a commitment to accuracy in all work.
- Assist with event planning and promotion.
- Occasional in-state travel.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience managing social media channels, including content creation, monitoring social trends, growing audiences, and tracking engagement analytics.
- Experience managing a social media calendar.
- Able to translate complex topics into easy-to-understand, compelling posts that reach and move a variety of audiences
- Able to take feedback and edit work products in an efficient and timely manner
- Proficiency with social media platforms, WordPress, Google Analytics, and Canva
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of AP Style guidelines
- Able to manage multiple projects, prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to tailor communication to a given audience and platform.
- Passion for environmental issues.
- Team player.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Sense of humor.
- Commitment to helping create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent education or work experience.
- One (1) year professional experience in communication or related field preferred.
Salary range for the position is $48,000 – $54,000 commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits package includes health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan with a 6% employer match, life and disability insurance, commuter benefits, and paid time off.