The Development and Events intern will assist Clean Wisconsin’s development team with events, donor relations, and membership activities. This intern will focus their efforts on procuring donations for silent-auction baskets, data-entry, assisting with incoming and outgoing mail, and various other tasks related to event-planning and fundraising.
The Clean Wisconsin development department is comprised of three staff members. The successful candidate will work with each member of our highly-skilled development team and will report to the Membership and Outreach Manager.
This position is unpaid, but the intern will build a strong resume and gain valuable non-profit work experience. In addition to Development, the successful candidate will gain valuable experience related to grant management, event planning, and communications.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and know when to ask questions
- Reliable, highly organized, and superb attention to detail
- Ability to complete projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Adept at creative problem solving and critical thinking
- Passionate about working for an environmental organization. Learn more about our organization at cleanwisconsin.org
- Educational background or previous experience in natural sciences, humanities, event planning, communications, design, or related fields
- Familiar with using Microsoft Office. Advanced skills with Excel, CRM software, or Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator are a plus!
6-15 hours per week, split between at least two days. Must be available during regular business hours, Mon-Fri from 9-5pm, and an occasional weeknight to work events.
Clean Wisconsin’s Downtown Madison Office: 634 W. Main Street, Suite 300, on the bike path and close to major bus lines.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and 2 references (including phone and email contact information) to Sarah Bewitz. Multiple positions may be available depending on availability and skill set.