Wednesday November 11th
Thursday November 12th
Tickets on sale now!
Presented by National Guardian Life Insurance
Under normal circumstances, Clean Wisconsin would be hosting the 2020 Epicurean Evening at Monona Terrace. However, COVID-19 has forced us to adjust and rethink how to share this special evening with our supporters in the midst of a pandemic. This year we’ve shifted to a model that allows us all to celebrate at home, at your leisure, and also support the restaurants that make Epicurean Evening such a fun and special night.
One silver lining to the coronavirus pandemic is that it has never been easier to order food to go. This year we’ll be partnering with Tavernakaya & Umami, Sardine, Bar Corallini, Cento, and Canteen as well as Tito’s Handmade Vodka and State Line Distillery. Featured restaurants will be preparing ‘do it yourself’ meal kits – chefs will instruct you by video – with fresh ingredients as well as other options such as date night, to-go cocktail kits and premade meals for the family.
Clean Wisconsin’s Virtually From Scratch event will run from 4 pm to 8 pm November 11th through 12th. This year’s dining experience will consist of several meal options including the choice of cooking (virtually) alongside some of Madison’s best chefs. In addition to your meal kit you will receive a celebratory 50th Anniversary Clean Wisconsin tote bag and some special gifts!
To participate in the event, read through the meal kit and takeout dining experiences listed below and select your preferred experience. Once you have selected your dining experience finalize your order and choose a pickup time. Remember: the event runs for two days so you are not limited to just one dining option!
What to do on the day of the event
To receive your dining experience, go to the pickup location at your selected time indicated on your event ticket receipt. When you receive your meal kit, scan the QR code on the instruction sheet with your cell phone camera and click the link. This link will take you to a series of videos including instructional videos for the ‘do it yourself’ experiences where chefs will teach you how to make their coveted dishes virtually from scratch! While we’re confined to the safety of our homes, we can still come together and reconnect with the hands and the earth that make our community’s delicious food possible.
Unable to attend but still want to donate? Click here
Our Partner Resturants
Order form is at the bottom of the menu (below).
Please note: Bottles of wine and cocktail kit purchases must be in conjunction with a meal kit purchase. “Mixing and matching” of meal kits and alcohol add-ons is not possible. Alcohol must be purchased upon pickup of meal kit.
Paccheri Pasta Kit – For two people – $75
Cook with Chef Giovanni Novella
Ever wondered how Chef Giovanni Novella crafts his delicious meals at Bar Corallini? Well, now you can cook along with him and learn his secrets when you sign-up for this unique experience. Also, Chef Giovanni provides a bonus video teaching you how to make homemade pasta. Printed instructions will be provided as well. In this appetizing pasta kit, you’ll receive the following:
- Ready-to-eat Antipasti Platter with Prosciutto di Parma, soppressata, grilled eggplant, zucchini, roasted peppers, marinated artichokes, heirloom cherry tomatoes with pesto, Stracciatella, whipped ricotta, and toasted ciabatta
- Paccheri Pasta Kit – All of the ingredients, ready to assemble: dried paccheri pasta, smoked Pecorino sauce, Italian sausage (a Conscious Carnivore – Bar Corallini collaboration), king trumpet, oyster, and crimini mushrooms, Grana Padano, whole garlic, porcini-infused sea salt (All produce sourced locally from Vitruvian Farms and Mushroom Mike)
- Ready-to-eat Cannoli with ricotta, orange, chocolate chips, and pistachios
- One pound of imported Caputo Semolina wheat flour so you can make pasta on your own at a later date
Add a Bottle of Wine:
- White: Fuso21 ‘Le Salse’ 2018 Verdicchio di Matelica, Marche, Italy $25
- Red: Guido Berta 2016 Barbera D’Asti, Piedmont, Italy $25
Tavernakaya & Umami
Sushi Kit – For two people – $75
Ramen & Buns Kit – For two people – $50
This unique experience comes with a do it yourself instructional video which provides you with the opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at how Tavernakaya and Umami craft their delicious dishes. In this experience Michael Ding and Kevin Kuo will teach you how to make some of their award-winning dishes virtually from scratch in your kitchen. Choose between a sushi kit and a ramen and buns kit. With these choices you can’t go wrong!
- Ready-to-eat Miso Soup
- Sushi Kit includes all of the following ingredients: sushi grade tuna, salmon, yellowtail, crab stick, sushi rice, seaweed sheets, cucumbers, avocado, scallions, ginger, wasabi, masago, wasabi tobiko, yuzu tobiko, eel sauce, spicy mayo, soy sauce
Ramen & Buns Kit:
- Miso Ramen Kit with your choice of protein:
Pork Belly comes with chicken broth
Marinated Chicken comes with chicken broth or
Smoked Tofu comes with vegetable broth
- Bun Kit with your choice of protein: Pork Belly or Fried Tofu
- Ready-to-eat Edamame
- Bun Kit includes your choice of protein and the following buns ingredients: mantou buns, pickled cucumbers, scallions, hoisin sauce
- Miso Ramen Kit with your choice of protein and the following ramen ingredients: homemade ramen noodles, ramen broth, flavored egg, corn, boy Choy, bamboo shoots, scallions, miso paste, garlic scallion oil, spicy paste
- Mizubasho “WATER LILY” ONE CUP Ginjo (180ml) – $14
bright with hints of melon and orange zest
- Kurosawa “BLACK CREEK” Nigori (unfiltered) (300ml) – $20
smooth & refreshing with gentle flavors of melon & star fruit
- Banzai Bunny “SPARKLING” Natural (300ml) – $22
naturally elegant and sweet with a crisp, refreshing finish
Add a Saketini Kit:
- Tokyo Snow Pear Saketini Kit $15
ozeki sake (180ml), St. Germain elderflower, pear nectar (2 servings)
- Hanami Blossom Saketini Kit $13
ozeki sake (180ml), guava nectar, lemon juice, lime juice, grenadine (2 servings)
Steak Frits with maître d’ butter kit – For one person – $35
Pan roasted skate wing kit – For one person – $35
The chefs of Sardine, John Gadau and Phillip Hurly, are offering you an exclusive opportunity to go behind the scenes with them to learn how to make two of their exquisite meals. In an instructional video they’ll teach you how they make their delicious Steak Frites with maître d’ butter or their Pan Roasted Skate Wing.
Steak Frits with maître d’ butter kit:
- Steak and pre-blanched french fries to cook at home
- Butter, mayo, and mustard
Pan roasted skate wing kit:
- Skate wing to cook
- Polenta to fry
- Butter scotch Pot de crème
Porch Party Night – For two people – $50
Take Home Taco Kit
Want to join in on the fun but not interested in preparing and cooking an entire meal by yourself? Get a pre-made, ready to-go taco kit from Chef Jason. Taco Kits include gluten sensitive, vegetarian, and pescatarian options can be quickly and easily assembled. Perfect for two taco lovers or ideal for a hungry family.
- Classic Kit with pork carnitas and chicken pastor (gluten-free)
- Vegetarian Kit with guajillo-tossed fried cauliflower and crispy brussels sprouts (vegetarian)
- Pescatarian Kit with grilled cod and shrimp diablo (gluten-free)
- Taco kit with your choice of fillings, locally-made Tortilleria Zepeda corn tortillas, and the following taco fixings: queso fresco, romaine lettuce, onion, cilantro, crema, and assorted salsas.
- Chips, salsa, and guacamole
- Sides of Mexican rice and refried black beans
Add a Margarita Kit:
Lunazul Reposado Tequila – $49
Milagro Reposado Tequila – $59
Tito’s Vodka – $49
Yu Baal Mezcal Joven – $59
[Makes 10 Margs] – Margarita kits include your choice of tequila, a bottle of Patrón Citrónge, a pint of fresh-squeezed lime juice, a half-pint of simple syrup, salt, and two limes.
Add Margs for Two [or just you] – $18
Each box includes 100mL of reposado tequila, 50mL of Grand Marnier, and 150mL of fresh squeezed lime and simple syrup pre-mixed for your convenience, a lime, and salt. – $18
Italian Picnic – For two people – $75
Ready Made, Shareable Entrees
The ideal option for a date night for two but will also be perfect for a family of four! A delicious platter of shareable foods from sandwiches to peppers and tiramisu. This is a perfect option for the group that wants to try a little bit of everything
- Gorgonzola-Stuffed Peppadew Peppers and Marinated Olives
- Mixed Greens Salad (fennel, speck, citrus, poached fig, mint, basil, fig reduction, white balsamic vinaigrette)
- Shareable Sandwich Platter (Chicken Parmesan, Roasted Vegetable and Pesto, and Meatball)
Add a Fiore Cocktail Kit – $26
[Makes 4 Cocktails] includes a 200mL bottle of Tito’s Vodka, 200mL of blueberry syrup, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 187mL of Maschio Sparkling Italian Rosè.
Add a Bottle of Wine:
- Rose: Librandi ‘Ciro’ 2016 Rosato [Gaglioppo] Calabria, Italy $25
- Red: Argiolas ‘Perdera’ 2016 [Monica] Sardegna, Italy $25
State Line Distillery
To purchase your State Line Distillery cocktail kit click here (this link will redirect you to the State Line Distillery website)
John Gadau and Phillip Hurley are the Executive Chefs and creators of Sardine, a bistro and bar located on the waters of Lake Monona. Introduced to one another in 1997 as neighbors living in the same three-flat brownstone apartment in the Wrigley area of Chicago, it was quick work to discovering they both shared the same notions about local ingredients, simple but thoughtfully crafted flavor profiles, and the importance of the concepts of “place” and “classic tradition.”
The decision to move both of their families to Madison, Wisconsin to start a joint venture happened in 2000 with the launching of Marigold Kitchen, a breakfast and lunch restaurant one block off of the Capital Square. When a raw space in the historical tobacco/icehouse Machinery Row became available, Gadau and Hurley seized the opportunity to open Sardine in the spring of 2006.
Giovanni Novella is a native of Torre del Grecco, a fishing town in Southern Italy. After moving to Madison, Chef Novella was Executive Chef at Cento and Fresco before his current position as Executive Chef and Owner at Bar Corallini, where he sources quality ingredients from both the Midwest and Italy to create classic and innovative dishes that let these products shine.
Jason van Ommeren was born on the Southside of Chicago and was raised in Naperville, IL. He comes from a Dutch/Indonesian family and was exposed to a variety of foreign foods from a very young age. Before his role as Executive Chef at Canteen, Jason was the Executive Chef at the Grist Bar and Table in Lake Mills, WI. Jason’s passion for foreign foods defines his cooking and is obvious on his menus showcasing classic Mexican ingredients in both traditional and new dishes.
Michael Ding and Wendy Kuo are the husband and wife team behind local family restaurants Umami Ramen & Dumpling Bar and Tavernakaya. Both originally from New York City, Mike is a graduate of UW-Madison with a background in finance and Wendy is a graduate of New York University with a background in Digital Marketing and Account Management. They grew up with family who have both owned and worked in restaurants and worked in a few themselves, which made for an easier transition from working corporate jobs to owning and working in restaurants these past 10 years.
Mike and Wendy got married in 2010 and decided to move to Madison to open Umami and start a new life together in a new place. After 6 months of renovations, Umami opened in March 2011 and was the first ramen focused restaurant in Madison. In December 2015, Tavernakaya opened on the Capitol Square with a focus on food from Japanese taverns called izakayas combined with Wisconsin tavern food, which is how Tavernakaya got its name. Mike and Wendy are currently very hands on and involved with both restaurants and the day to day operations. In addition to these restaurants, they also own three food carts and a satellite TK food truck in Wisconsin Dells inside The Grateful Shed Truck yard that opened in 2019. When they are not working, they enjoy spending family time with their two sons and traveling to other countries and of course, eating and experiencing restaurants around the world.
Chris Meyers is the Executive Chef at Cento. A Madison native, Chef Meyers has worked in the restaurant industry his whole professional life, taking him all across the country. In 2012, Chef Meyers returned to Wisconsin to join up with Food Fight Restaurant group, where he moved up in the ranks into his current position as Executive Chef at Cento
Cento is a premiere Italian restaurant in downtown Madison, where they combine Old World Italian traditions wit modern techniques, sourcing quality ingredients – locally and from Italy – to create classic and innovative dishes that let these products shine.
Chef Meyers has a passion for food, the restaurant industry, and the people in the business. “Restaurant people combine the best the best qualities of gracious hospitality, obsessive professionalism, creativity, and evil genius.” When Chef Meyers is not in Cento’s kitchen, he enjoys spending time with his family.
Contact Luke Voegeli
(608) 251-7020 x23
We can accommodate vegetarian and gluten-free dietary needs.