Air and Energy Attorney Job Opportunity
Clean Wisconsin is seeking a motivated professional to fill the new position of Air and Energy Attorney. The Air and Energy Attorney is part of Clean Wisconsin’s legal team and represents the organization in state and federal court and in administrative and other proceedings before the Public Service Commission, Department of Natural Resources, and Department of Hearings and Appeals, and Environmental Protection Agency on air and energy-related legal and policy matters.
The position reports directly to the General Counsel.
- Support policy staff by conducting analyses and advising on legislative proposals related to air and energy.
- Follow agency rulemaking, permitting, and other matters and take appropriate action.
- Conduct contested cases before Public Service Commission of Wisconsin and Department of Natural Resources
- Participate in Clean Wisconsin’s legal clerkship program, helping the legal department with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and supervising law students for semester and summer positions.
- Coordinate and collaborate with local, state-based, and national advocacy organizations.
- Litigation skills including civil and administrative procedure, trial and hearing preparation, discovery, brief writing, oral advocacy, and settlement negotiations;
- Knowledge of and experience with administrative law and procedure;
- Subject matter expertise in air and energy issues, and familiarity with State and Federal environmental laws;
- Excellent writing, analytic, and public speaking skills;
- Experience and understanding of policy development and analysis;
- Proficiency in basic computer skills;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work requirements; ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining a long-term vision;
- Commitment to environmental protection and willingness to work hard to achieve goals;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment;
- Commitment to helping create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture;
- Must hold a J.D. from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law (or able and willing to obtain a license) in Wisconsin.
Salary range for the full-time position is $65,000-80,000, commensurate with skills and experience. A strong benefits package includes health and dental insurance, retirement, paid vacation and holidays.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28, 2021. Be sure to include the subject line “Air and Energy Attorney.”
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we plan to hold interviews via video conference. We will do all we can to accommodate technology needs. Thank you for your flexibility.
Clean Wisconsin is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our work and in our hiring practices. We value a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Please also see our statement on diversity, equity and inclusion at: https://www.cleanwisconsin.org/about-us/diversity/