Now accepting applications for Fall 2018.
Are you a social media wizard? Do you have awesome writing skills? Are you a media metrics master?
Clean Wisconsin, the state’s largest environmental advocacy organization, is seeking a Social Media & Communications Intern whose primary task will be to manage and update our social media platforms; write and edit print and digital materials; monitor and analyze Clean Wisconsin press clippings and other metrics; and assist the Communications Department in other needs as they arise.
A strong candidate has experience in social media management for an organization; has strong skills in writing and/or editing experience for a publication; and is passionate about protecting the environment.
- Education: Junior standing and above preferred, but will consider sophomore candidates with strong social media and/or writing experience.
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) management experience
- Strong writing skills and/or editing experience
- Graphics and/or video editing experience (Adobe InDesign & Premiere Pro experience a plus).
- WordPress experience a plus
- A passion for protecting the environment
- Interest in nonprofit sector
- Interest in strategic communications and/or marketing
- A strong passion for protecting the environment
- Motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Internship Timeline: Fall semester, between September and December.
Hours and location: At least 15 hours per week at our offices on W. Main Street in Madison, just two blocks east of the Kohl Center.
Salary: $1,500 stipend
To apply: Please send a brief cover letter, resume, and links to up to 3 work samples to Jon Drewsen by September 21. Please be sure to include “COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP” in the subject line.