Now accepting applications for Fall 2018.
Are you a website guru? Do you excel at graphic design? Have experience producing or editing videos?
Clean Wisconsin, the state’s largest environmental advocacy organization, is seeking a Web & Digital Media Intern whose primary task will be to edit, update, and maintain Clean Wisconsin’s website; produce and edit short videos for social media; design print and digital graphics; manage our social media profiles; write and edit; and assist the Communications Department in other needs as they arise.
A strong candidate has at least 1 year of experience with WordPress and/or has taken a WordPress course; has experience and/or knowledge in video production & editing; has experience in graphic design; experience in social media management for an organization; has strong skills in writing; and is passionate about protecting the environment.
- Education: Junior standing and above preferred, but will consider strong sophomore candidates with classes completed in web, graphic design, or video.
- WordPress experience
- Video editing and/or graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Commons experience a plus).
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) experience
- Interest in nonprofit sector
- Interest in web design, communications and/or marketing
- A strong passion for protecting the environment
- Motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Internship Timeline: Fall semester, between September and December.
Hours and location: At least 15 hours per week at our offices on W. Main Street in Madison, just two blocks east of the Kohl Center.
Salary: $1500 stipend
To apply: Please send a brief cover letter, resume, and links to up to 3 work samples to Jon Drewsen by September 21. Please be sure to include “DIGITAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP” in the subject line.