This intern will assist our development team with fundraising and membership activities. Responsibilities include managing donor relations, developing brand visibility, and gaining experience in other areas of non-profit experience like communications, event planning, public relations, or grants.
The development intern will focus their efforts on research, data-entry, event planning assistance, and assist to organize, assemble, and send mailings. Must be available for an occasional weeknight to staff membership events and our annual gala.
Our development department is comprised of three staff members and the development intern will gain valuable non-profit experience by working with each member of our skilled and successful development team.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and know when to ask questions
- Ability to complete projects
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, highly organized, and superb attention to detail
- Critical thinker
- Passionate about working for an environmental organization
- Educational background or work experience in environmental studies, conservation, natural resources, political science, or a related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets, and CRM software a plus!
6-10 hours per week, split between at minimum two weekdays per week between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.. We can work around your class or job schedule.
Downtown Madison Office: 634 W. Main Street, Suite 300, on the bike path and close to major bus lines. Parking spot can be arranged
Please email a cover letter, resume, and 2 references (including phone and email contact information) to Sarah Bewitz. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.